autoSPRITZ Troubleshooting Guide
DO NOT USE GEL SANITIZER IN YOUR AUTOSPRITZ DISPENSER
Your autoSPRITZ hand sanitizer dispenser, Origyn’s 80% Ethyl Alcohol Liquid Hand Sanitizer, sanitizer reservoir (12 oz bottle), batteries, dispensing tube (gray cap), user manual and SPRITZ guide are securely packed to prevent any shifting or breakage during the shipping process.
In the unlikely event that your autoSPRITZ arrives damaged or defective, please discontinue use and contact customer service immediately by either email or telephone.
Phone: 510 800 9136
Please refer to the list below for troubleshooting solutions to some common but unlikely issues. Should these solutions not immediately remedy your issue, please contact customer service.
1) I removed the battery tab and the product does not spray. What is the issue?
Refer to the user manual. You need to remove the 12oz bottle from the dispenser and remove the red cap and insert the gray cap.
2) I cannot remove the 12oz bottle from the dispenser. What can I do?
The bottle is designed not to fall out of the dispenser during the life of the product, so it may be a little tight for first removal. Grab the bottle and pull with greater force to remove it. There is no chance of breaking the product. Also note that there is no separate catch to remove the bottle, it simply snaps in and out of position.
3) The red cap is very tight, and I cannot remove it. What can I do?
The cap has been tightened by machine to ensure it does not leak during transport. It may be a little tight for some people. Please try the following –
- Run the cap under warm water for 30 seconds
- Use household rubber dish washing gloves to get more grip on the cap.
Do not use a tool because this could break the bottle.
Ensure that the black seal is not left on the top of the bottle when the red cap is removed.
4) The gray cap does not attach to the bottle. What can I do?
Check inside the gray cap whether there are 2 black seals. This can occur if the seal from the red cap remains on the top of the bottle when the red cap is removed. Remove the lower seal and discard, cap should now attach to bottle easily.
5) The gray cap leaks. What can I do?
Make sure gray cap is screwed onto bottle tightly. Check inside the gray cap whether there are 2 black seals. This can occur if the seal from the red cap remains on the top of the bottle when the red cap is removed. Remove the lower seal and discard, cap should now attach to bottle more securely.
6) The dispenser does not spray immediately. Is this normal?
Yes, it takes 3-4 sprays for the sanitizer to work through the pipes. After the first time it should spray normally. If the dispenser is not used for many days, then you may need to spray several times to achieve full spray.
7) The spray is quite wide. Is this normal?
Yes. The product has been designed to spray 2 small-average hands or 1 large hand at the same time. The spray is designed to cover a large area with a fine mist, so it does not drip. If you have average or small hands the 2-handed approach is recommended (refer to photos on other pages in website).
8) The liquid hand sanitizer has a weird odor. Is this normal?
Origyn’s Liquid Hand Sanitizer solution is 80% Ethanol and complies with the World Health Organization’s (WHO) formula of ingredients to kill 99.99% of germs. We work hard to please all customer preferences with a fresh scent, but like all WHO formula sanitizers, it will still have notes of alcohol due to the high percentage needed to kill germs.
9) The dispenser is not working
TURN OFF THE DISPENSER BEFORE STARTING TO IDENTIFY THE CAUSE
9a) I put my hand(s) into the spray zone and nothing happens. What should I do?
- Check that the black plastic tab has been removed from the battery compartment.
- Make sure the dispenser is on. Press the button on the top of the device, red light means product is off, blue light indicates product is on.
- Check that the 4 batteries are inserted correctly. They should be lined up with battery symbols on inside compartment.
- Replace all the batteries with new batteries
- Place hands closer to the IR sensor
- Wipe IR sensor with a clean dry cloth
9b) I put my hand(s) into the spray zone and the pump makes a noise, but no spray comes out. What should I do?
- Make sure you are using the gray cap (with the tube attached), not the red shipping cap.
- REMOVE THE GRAY CAP THEN REATTACH TO THE BOTTLE
- Check that the sanitizer dispensing tube is properly inserted into the (gray) dispensing cap
- Check if the small hole next to the large central hole in the gray cap is blocked. If it is blocked use a paper clip to open the hole
- Check that the sanitizer bottle has sanitizer. The sanitizer level should be above the inlet hole on the end of the tube (valve)
- Clean the spray nozzle (method below, #10)
- Check and clean the gray cap and tube (method below, #11)
- Check the reservoir for contaminants. If there is debris in the bottle, this could be an indicator that the system is clogged (see next steps below, #12)
10) How do I clean the spray nozzle?
If your autoSPRITZ Hand Sanitizer Dispenser is not dispensing, your spray nozzle may be clogged. Follow these steps to properly unclog it:
- Examine spray nozzle for build-up
- If build-up is present, gently remove it using isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and a clean, dry cloth
11) How do I clean the gray cap and tube?
- Remove the sanitizer reservoir by simultaneously pulling it down from the dispenser housing while pulling up on the dispenser body
- Remove the (gray) dispensing cap with the tube
- Remove the dispensing tube from the dispensing cap
- Examine both the dispensing cap and the dispensing tube for build-up
- Clean both the dispensing cap and the dispensing tube using isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
- Put them back together and attach to bottle and insert bottle into dispenser
12) There is debris in the bottle that could have clogged the system. What do I do?
- The valve on the end of the tube contains a mesh filter to prevent debris from reaching the pump. Check to see if the mesh screen is blocked. If it is, try flushing with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol.
- If valve cannot be cleaned, ask customer service for a replacement.
- Remember to put the one-way valve back on to the tube. If you use the product without the valve and debris reaches the pump, the dispenser may become unusable.
13) I used gel sanitizer in the dispenser and now it is not working. What should I do?
- Clean spray nozzle, gray cap and tube as mentioned above.
- Thoroughly rinse out the 12oz bottle with water, remove all gel and leave to dry.
- Use Origyn liquid sanitizer to flush the system. If the product still does not work, then the dispenser is clogged internally and cannot be fixed.
14) I dropped the bottle and it is cracked. What do I do?
- Contact customer service for a replacement
15) My dispenser is leaking from the bottom, what should I do?
- Please contact customer service to troubleshoot the leak.
16) My dispenser reservoir does not fit into the dispenser body. What can I do?
- Check to be sure the dispenser reservoir cap is aligned with its receptacle on the inside of the dispenser cavity.
17) My autoSPRITZ Hand Sanitizer Dispenser arrived wet or damaged. What do I do?
- The bottle is sealed with the red shipping cap and should not leak.
- If there is a small amount of liquid inside the bag and on the dispenser, this is probably water from the testing of the product on the production line.
- If there is a large amount of alcohol smelling liquid inside the packaging, the unit may have been damaged during shipping. Please contact customer service to troubleshoot.
18) Some sanitizer comes out of the dispenser when I insert the bottle after refilling. Is this normal?
- Yes. Pressure in the system travels up the pipes when the bottle is inserted ejecting sanitizer that was in the pipes.
19) The dispenser sprays when I grab the goose-neck to carry the product. What should I do?
- Do not carry the product by the goose-neck. Carry it by grabbing the main body of the dispenser.
20) The dispenser sprays when I try to wipe the top surface of the dispenser, What should I do?
- Turn off the product before cleaning.
21) The inside of the dispenser and bottle are very wet when I remove the bottle. What can I do to stop this?
- A small amount of liquid is normal inside the product
- If you have excessive liquid inside the dispenser, then make sure that you do not shake the dispenser, do not lay it down, do not put it upside down.